This open course is being run by Moray Wellbeing Hub, in partnership with Outfit Moray, and welcomes bookings from any Moray third sector organisations.
This 2 day course, accredited by NHS Health Scotland, aims to give participants the tools to help support mental health and support others in crisis. This course is delivered by accredited Moray Wellbeing Hub Champions who use their professional skills as facilitators alongside lived and living expeinces of life challenges.
Why train in SMHFA?
- Become more confident in a mental health crisis
- Recognise when a person may need help and appropriately approach them
- Save lives by learning basic suicide intervention skills
- Protect your own mental health and wellbeing
- Feel more confident in support and leadership roles
- Gain a recognised qualification toward your personal and professional development
The course does not train people to be mental health workers nor is it designed as therapy. It offers basic general information about mental health problems, such as common medical terms, as well as exploring recovery. The knowledge presented, and understanding developed in the course, helps to remove stigma and to give confidence in approaching a person in distress.
Mental Health First Aid has been rigorously evaluated in Scotland. Participants reported a range of benefits to their own and others mental health.
Unfortunately, this course is not suitable for booking by interested community members who are not part of an organisation at this time, due to NHS Health Scotland focus on specific workplaces for course delivery. We hope to run open courses for all in the future. If dates are not suitable or you are interested in a quote for in-house or sector-specific courses please get in touch.