Mental Health Therapists

Are you struggling with difficult feelings?

Do your feelings stop you from doing things you would like to do?

Have these difficulties been going on for quite some time?


A Mental Health Therapist could help you find ways to cope and feel better.


What is a Mental Health Therapist?

‘Mental Health Therapists’ could include a counsellor, psychologist, psychological therapist, psychiatrist, mental health nurse or family therapist.


Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS)


Support – Specialist

Speed – Long wait

Access – Referral required


You will get support from a Mental Health Therapist in CAMHS which is a free NHS service that provides specialist support for mental health problems until you are 18 years old.


To get help from CAMHS you must be referred by a professional such as your GP or your named person.  Professionals can find guidance on making a referral here.  They can also contact CAMHS for more information on 01343553111 or asking for the CALM service (Consultation, Advice, Liaison, Moray).

To find out more about CAMHS click on the links below:





Support – Medium level to specialist

Speed – Medium wait

Access – Some services require referral


Below are counselling services available in Moray who can help you find ways to cope with difficult feelings.


Grec’s Me Time (Currently funded until July 2019)

Counselling that can take place in school for children and young people experiencing discrimination. You can refer yourself or a professional who is working with you can make a referral.





Counselling service based in Buckie for those who are 16 years old and over.  You do not have to pay for this service, but if you’re able to give a contribution this would be welcomed.  You can refer yourself or you ask a professional who is working with you to make a referral.



Private Counsellors

For fee paying private counsellors and psychological therapists within Moray visit: