Have a look at our Summer wellness programme that has just been launched! It is full of gatherings, courses and events that will increase your feeling of connectedness, be thought provoking and empower you in all your skills and identity.
You can sign up for the gatherings, courses and events on Ticket Tailor the new and slightly more user friendly platform we are using in place of Eventbrite.
- Supporting your child with resilience and calm: Multiple dates in June & July
This introductory course explores how we can counter anxiety – the feeling of fear, worry or unease we all experience from time to time. However, many children and young people in Scotland feel their worries can stop them from doing things they want and need to do. As adults, we can learn techniques to support them and ourselves to have calmer happier lives.
- Parent Wellbeing Toolkit, nine week course Mondays 13th July – 7th September, 2-3pm
This toolkit comprises a range of holistic approach to compassionate self-care that will support you through the challenges of difficult emotions and we’ll provide you a space to share your successes.
- Principles of Mental Health First Aid: ‘Being a good supporter’ for adult and young people: Multiple dates
This 3h course, aims to give participants a foundation in accessing tools to help support mental health and support others in crisis as well as maintain their own self-care. This course is perfect for those who are volunteering as part of the COVID19 pandemic support in local areas or who are working in frontline roles and wish to increase their skills.
- Textiles for Mental Health – 4 group sessions fortnightly from 14th July
This four-week block is especially designed to allow and encourage exploration of meditative hand stitch as a backdrop for conversation, silence and all the spaces in-between.
- Living Life to the Full (LLTTF) 5-week online group course, Multiple dates
LLTTF is a friendly and relaxed self-help Cognitive Behavioural Therapy based course which aims to give you the skills to gain better control of your life, feel less stressed and more able to cope with challenges.
- Peer2Peer: Peer-support Essentials, introduction and 3x 2h course: Multiple dates and times
Based on the Peer2Peer course, this course gives an overview of essential knowledge of peer-support including recovery theory and peer values.
You can also sign up for Peer 2 Peer, Next Steps if you wish to complete the full course!
- Body Positivity, 5 week course: for adults and young people
It’s time to celebrate real bodies! Learn to create a more realistic perspective on your body image.
- Strands of Identity – Neurodiversity: 17th July 2020, 1:30-3:30pm
What makes you, you? Is it a label, a diagnosis, or something much more? In previous discussions you have told us that neurodiversity comes in all shapes and sizes with many overlaps and crossovers and we would like to help get this message out there through a new art project. Join Tini and Fiona for a chat about personal identity and pushing against being defined by labels.
- For Enjoyment – Saturdays 2-4pm: Multiple dates
Accessible creativity for all ages from the comfort of your home. Different visual art forms and movement per session. The required material is what is commonly avaialable in most houses and will be communicated for each session.
- For Enjoyment – Training for Trainers – beginning 16th July, 7-8pm and then 25th July & 1st August 10am – 1pm
We welcome applications from Champions that have completed or signed up for Peer 2 Peer (full course) – This course is for people who love to be creative and would like to hold space for others – You do not need to be an artist! Just have an interest in supporting others in Moray from disadvantaged groups to experience the joy of being creative.
- Themed gatherings – Tuesday evenings, 7-8pm: multiple dates
These Moray wide gatherings are the hotspot to hear about certain themes and share your experiences around specific topics:
Tuesday 23rd of June: Long term conditions
Tuesday 7th of July: Body positivity
Tuesday 14th of July: Neurodiversity
Tuesday 21st of July: Employability
Tuesday 28th of July: Young peoples voice
- Online gatherings – Bring your lunch and connect with others – any Moray folk welcome to join in!- Thursdays, 12-1pm: Multiple dates
Chat and share experiences with others facing similar challenges in Moray. We can’t meet up in person but keeping connected is vital at this challenging time. Let’s eat our lunch together whilst sharing what is going on for us and our community, focusing on hope and feeling empowered.
- Champion chat – Saturdays and Sundays 12-1pm: Multiple dates – Link available from email@example.com or through Slack Channel
Social and support space for peer of Moray Wellbeing Hub. New champions welcome!
We hope to see you around!